Providing strategy, processes, and resources for a Fortune 50 Bank's Agile Transformation.
Customer Background and Context
Apex has been a longstanding partner to this Fortune 50 Bank for nearly 15 years, delivering managed services, workforce management, and teams with more than 17,000 total consultants. Highlights of our partnership include supporting their ongoing Agile Transformation efforts and being a top supplier to the IT Program every year since 2012.
Service Areas/Capabilities Deployed
- Agile Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data and Business Intelligence
- Data and Analytics
- Digital Services – User Experience Design
- Project Management
- Software/Application Development
- Large and Small Scale Staff Augmentation
- Managed Services
- Agile Transformation Coaching/Scrum Teams
- Workforce Management
With 70+ branches, we have provided consultants and services to this client nationally across all their on-site locations. Apex has also provided teams on a hybrid and remote model based on client and project needs, including rapidly transitioning around 95% of the workforce to remote when the COVID-19 pandemic required social distancing.
The majority of the work we have done with this client has followed a time and material structure. We have executed one project that was a fixed price bid.
As part of our performance and workforce management approach, we work with this client to offer extended contract durations, contract-to-hire, and pay increases for our top-performing consultants. Through a series of webinars and branded Toolbox Talks, we are continuously educating our workforce and providing ongoing training to ensure constant professional development, success, and growth.
We have successfully delivered 90% of our client’s workforce to help them execute their API integration, develop and implement their AI strategy, as well as a baseline assessment and future state roadmap to facilitate a long-term strategy for their Identity Access Management (IAM). Additionally, we have partnered closely to deliver workforce management and staff augmentation services to support their ongoing Agile transformation efforts.
- Consistent communication is key - over the course of our relationship with this client, we have learned that even during times of leadership transition, changing business objectives, and reorganization, consistent communication is key.
- Flexibility is mandatory - as client initiatives change, we have found that being flexible and adapting to ebbing needs leads to more effective results both for Apex and our client.
- Understanding stakeholder needs is paramount - taking care to thoroughly understand and meet the needs of stakeholders leading the initiatives we support is mandatory.
Risks, Watch-Outs, Mitigation Plan
As initiatives with this client have changed over the years, we have found that identifying opportunities to serve in an advisory role whenever possible helps to mitigate potential issues. This includes helping guide our clients through leadership changes and transition periods.
Percent of Current Contracts Following this Model
Because we offer a number of different partnership models to this and other clients, including but limited to managed services, full teams, and staff augmentation services, our flexible partnership model is customized to fit the needs of individual clients.