The R&D Chemist will be responsible for routine laboratory work and client interaction/interfacing.
Interface directly with Industry’s development chemists and engineers to discover new product concepts.
Identify Industrial product deficiencies -or- Industry requirements to develop novel products by screening, assessing and developing a chemical solution in the laboratory.
Develop all necessary analytical testing requirements, applications testing protocol and final product specifications for the novel product.
Assist in the development of a commercially viable new product and process which meets all of Industry’s requirements, including cost, and is scale-able into a commercial manufacturing facility.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or related from an Accredited University
- Degree with focus in Polymer Chemistry Preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 Years Industrial Experience.
- "Hands On" laboratory experience producing water soluble polymer chemistries strongly preferred
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of polymerization reaction mechanisms, catalysts, polymer structure, testing and characterization methodologies.
- Familiarity with techniques for polymer characterization (GPC, GCMS, FTIR, NMR, HPLC, etc).
- Experience with DOE and problem solving tools
Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.