Senior Technical Program Manager
Not a remote position. This is a hybrid position. Requires onsite presence on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at our downtown Milwaukee corporate office.
Plans, coordinates and actively manages the IT delivery plans for the Companys multi-year cyber transformation with a focus on data security. Manages the end-to-end plan that is inclusive of all of the changes needed to a given technical product in support of initiative outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities ?
- Accountable for driving specific aspects of the cyber transformation program comprising of 25+ projects with high complexity
- Accountable for defining and managing scope, schedule, cost, and quality, including the monitoring of day-to-day progress, execution, management, and closure within the approved scope, schedule, and cost
- Makes connections across teams to drive identification and managing of inter-dependencies
- Accountable for defining the program structure and creating a single, unified plan to deliver on the program objectives
- Drives for clarity on objectives, priorities, and measures
- Accountable for identifying, assessing, and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of program management experience (running multiple projects concurrently).
- technical experience - ideal in cybersecurity and data security
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Understands how software is developed, tested, and implemented as well as technical concepts
- Working knowledge of program management / agile tooling
- Ability to work closely and influence outcomes with engineers, product managers, and business leaders
- Experience managing large-scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions, and become the "go-to expert" on certain concepts and topics
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for programs, projects, or services; works within general department policies and industry guidelines
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.